About Cartersville Medical Center
Cartersville Medical Center is located just off I-75 (40 miles north of Atlanta and 60 miles south of Chattanooga) in beautiful Cartersville, Georgia. The facility is a fully-accredited, 112-bed general acute-care hospital providing medical, surgical, obstetrical, pediatric, emergency, orthopaedic and outpatient services and a regional cancer center providing radiation oncology. Cartersville Medical Center offers comprehensive healthcare in Northwest Georgia. With services comparable to some metro area hospitals, we have the best features of smaller hospitals where patients receive personalized treatment and high quality, compassionate care.
Providing healthcare services to Cartersville and surrounding communities for 30 years, Cartersville Medical Center continues to grow and evolve. We are an Accredited Chest Pain Center, offering life-saving Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) and our Inpatient Diabetes program is Gold Seal accredited by The Joint Commission. Most recently, we received Advanced Certification from The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center.
The Breast Imaging Center of Excellence at Cartersville Medical Center provides mammography services that are gold seal accredited by the American College of Radiology. The Hope Center, a regional, Commission on Cancer approved cancer treatment facility, is conveniently located on the hospital campus and provides over 4,000 treatments with over 300 new patients per year from a ten county region.
- 112 Licensed beds
- 631 Employees
- $51 Million SWB
- 300 Physicians on Staff
- 98,304 Visits annually
- Awarded an "A" Hospital Safety Score by The Leapfrog Group, with recognition in Consumer Reports
- Awarded an “A” Hospital Safety Score by The Leapfrog Group – 2012 & 2013
- Ranked #5 on Georgia’s Small Hospital List by Georgia Trend Magazine – 2012
- Chairman’s Category: Georgia Hospital Association’s (GHA) Partnership for Health and Accountability (PHA) Quality Honor Roll
- Best in Value/Best in State/Best in Market for Quality, Affordability, Efficiency & Satisfaction by Data Advantage – 2009
- Outpatient Diabetes Education Program is nationally recognized by the American Diabetes
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- 2012 Gold Seal Accreditation in Mammography by the American College of Radiology
- Joint Commission Top Performing Hospital on Key Quality Measures – 2010 – 2012
- 1 of only 4 Hospitals in Georgia to earn Disease Specific Care Advanced Inpatient Diabetes Certification
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Certification
- The Hope Center is accredited by the American College of Surgeons and is a Commission on Cancer approved facility
- CT Accreditation by the American College of Radiology